Deadman Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Deadman Wonderland

Welcome to the most famous attraction in japan, 'Deadman Wonderland'! But are you a prisoner, or a tourist?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Playing the game. (OPEN)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shinmara Akashiro

Shinmara Akashiro

Playing the game. (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: Playing the game. (OPEN)   Playing the game. (OPEN) EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 9:17 am

Shinmara Akashiro: If there was something interesting going down, chances were he knew about it, was involved, or was running the damn thing - at least, that was what he'd heard whispered about himself amongst his fellow detainees. Ahh eavesdropping - always an interesting ride for the ego, no?

With a twisted half-grin, he made his way inconspicuously amongst the mess of bodies inhabiting the recreation center. It was meal time, and honestly, he was up for a little looking around; he managed to get food into his cell often enough not to really need to come in here - 'befriending' many of the guards was helpful in that respect - but honestly, sometimes the days were long enough to warrant a little recon; even if it meant getting closer to prisoners whom were best avoided. But again, that was all in the fun of the game!

Wandering over to the cafeteria, he placed his order - a bowl of plain rice, within the limits of the 'bare minimum', and thus, free (strange, considering he had enough Points to buy (and sell) his freedom a dozen times over) - and carried it, and a pair of chopsticks over to a more secluded corner. Eating slowly, he appeared to keep his eyes on the food, while infact, he scanned his surroundings.

'I wonder I wonder- ' he mused in his mind, 'just who'll come to play today? Life is a game!'
Back to top Go down
Alexander Rumonov

Alexander Rumonov

PostSubject: Re: Playing the game. (OPEN)   Playing the game. (OPEN) EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 6:08 pm

Alexander breathes heavily as he walks in. Pure oxygen being pumped into him with every breath through the black mask that he wears at all times. Unlike most of the prisoners within Deadman Wonderland he was able to wear his own clothing because he, like the rest of the Undertakers, is able to wear his own clothing. As for the collar, he wears it to throw off anyone who may begin to suspect him.

Alexander notices the man everyone knows, the man within Deadman Wonderland that could supply. Some people wonder why he stays since he can purchase his freedom, but Alex has an idea as to why. While you are inside, you make connections, become a man among men within prison society. You are able to get what you want, when you want it, and however you felt like without questioning. But on the outside you were nobody, just another criminal that made parole. There are your Mean Dudes, Wolves, Punks, Opportunists, Radicals, and Colonialists. And he has a feeling that the supplier was an Opportunist as well as a Colonialist since he 'knows the ropes' so to say.

Alex skips the lunch lines as he is not hungry and takes a seat in front of Shinmara, smiling wryly behind his mask, his voice is deep and raspy,

"I hear a great deal about you..." He pauses to breathe a few times and continues, "I hear that you can get just about anything. Even with the freedoms we have within Deadman..." A second pause, "Wonderland... Some people can't get 'clean' if you catch my direction..."
Back to top Go down
Shinmara Akashiro

Shinmara Akashiro

PostSubject: Re: Playing the game. (OPEN)   Playing the game. (OPEN) EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 9:41 pm

The strange little smile appeared again; this time though, it was quieter.

"I wonder where you get your information, friend. I certainly follow your direction, so to speak, but when it comes to your thoughts on me... I might just have no idea what you're talking about." The smile faded, and Shinshiro got down to business.

"However - if I did happen to have some idea what you're talking about...the pertinent question would be, what those traits would have to do with our conversation, no?" Games within games; but yes, Shinmara most certainly was opportunistic; he'd essentially, in all the half-secret dialect of prison, provisionally offered his services.

Then, like he'd not spoken at all, Shinmara began wolfing down the rice - just as a guard sauntered past. It seemed his instinct for avoiding complications was well honed. Once 'out of danger', or, as much as one can be in the midst of a pack of killers, he smiled again, eyes shining with mischief. "My my! That was almost a close one!" - chances were though, it wasn't anywhere near as much; Shinmara always was the showman.
Back to top Go down
Alexander Rumonov

Alexander Rumonov

PostSubject: Re: Playing the game. (OPEN)   Playing the game. (OPEN) EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 3:07 pm

Alexander chuckles dryly and says between breaths,

"Well, heh... I'm looking for a little something that can keep me 'awake' for a long time... Coffee does not work, booze does the opposite. I want something with a punch. Not too life sucking, but good enough to take my edges off."
Back to top Go down
Shinmara Akashiro

Shinmara Akashiro

PostSubject: Re: Playing the game. (OPEN)   Playing the game. (OPEN) EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 7:09 pm

Akashiro rested his elbows on the table, threaded his fingers, and rested his chin on them.

"Hmm, now this is a fun assignment. Well friend, there are several avenues to meet those requirements; both legal and less so. Now, I'm less than inclined to kill a customer, so tell me, would this be a once off use, or are you looking for something more...permanent, in your intake?"
Back to top Go down
Alexander Rumonov

Alexander Rumonov

PostSubject: Re: Playing the game. (OPEN)   Playing the game. (OPEN) EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 7:10 pm

"Lasting, but not too long. A coffee buzz that will last me a couple of hours instead of a few minutes..." He pauses for breath, "And I doubt that you could kill me if you tried, Friend."
Back to top Go down
Shinmara Akashiro

Shinmara Akashiro

PostSubject: Re: Playing the game. (OPEN)   Playing the game. (OPEN) EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 7:15 pm

Shinshiro chuckled, delighted that the man had taken ground. "Very sharp - but why would I want to try, friend? Anything I need to gain from the dead, there are several easier targets than yourself - nothing personal, it's just good business."

Flicking his eyes around the room momentarily, he added "That, and there are drugs that I believe could kill anyone, if taken often enough. Tricky to make, tricky to fence...with all the lights of the carnival." And just like that, his smile snapped back to the present.

"Now, where was I? I'll assume that you'd be taking this regularly; hmm... considering your incredible vitality, the two best options would be a traditional mix of cocaine and speed; but if you're concerned about mental stability? I'd reccomend a chemically engineered shot of adrenaline; it'll certainly have you buzzing, as well as a few other fun effects."
Back to top Go down
Alexander Rumonov

Alexander Rumonov

PostSubject: Re: Playing the game. (OPEN)   Playing the game. (OPEN) EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 7:18 pm

"What about shit for anemia? Will the gift wrapped energy shots help me with that problem?"
Back to top Go down
Shinmara Akashiro

Shinmara Akashiro

PostSubject: Re: Playing the game. (OPEN)   Playing the game. (OPEN) EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 7:24 pm

Shinmara raised an eyebrow. "Anemic? Well that is a problem - you see the way adrenaline works, aside from producing a variety of fun chemicals in the body, is that it speeds up blood circulation in order to allow the muscles to respond more quickly. It's like putting your energy systems - including your blood flow - in fast forward."

Shin smiled; it seemed that this, at least, would be a challenge. "Tell me, friend, how severe would you describe your conditon? The the point of haemophillia, or less of a problem than that?"
Back to top Go down
Alexander Rumonov

Alexander Rumonov

PostSubject: Re: Playing the game. (OPEN)   Playing the game. (OPEN) EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 7:26 pm

"Not to the point of hemophilia, but it takes a while for wounds to heal."
Back to top Go down
Shinmara Akashiro

Shinmara Akashiro

PostSubject: Re: Playing the game. (OPEN)   Playing the game. (OPEN) EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 7:36 pm

"Hmmmm...." Well this was a tricky state of affairs; technically, an anemic should be staying away from boosters like the devil; but if the guy was looking for that effect specifically? Well... it just became a matter of risk manegement.

"Well, let me put it like this. If I created a drug that increased your bloodflow as part of the adrenaline rush, but increased your capacity to blot-clot so that your wounds would heal more quickly, you'd have a heart attack. High blood pressure plus blocks in your circulatory system is a death sentence."

Thinking for a long moment, he said, "So, if you're willing to take a bit of a gamble, friend, what I can do instead is make you two drugs - one with the adrenaline kick, for the fight, and one to negate the effects of the adrenaline and speed up the closing of your wounds afterwards; the risk is, that during the fight, you'd lose too much blood to be able to inject yourself with the second shot. If it was serious, you could bleed to death in a few minutes."
Back to top Go down
Alexander Rumonov

Alexander Rumonov

PostSubject: Re: Playing the game. (OPEN)   Playing the game. (OPEN) EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 7:38 pm

"I always have gauze with me..."
Back to top Go down
Shinmara Akashiro

Shinmara Akashiro

PostSubject: Re: Playing the game. (OPEN)   Playing the game. (OPEN) EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 7:45 pm

"That's good to know - you're a man who understands his physical limitations, which makes my task much simpler." A cracked grin, as if to say not all his clientele were so obliging.

"Well, then the two drugs should be effective. However, I should also tell you that what these drugs do, is speed up your natural abilities, both to reproduce energy, and to heal damage. Again, it's putting your body in fast forward. Depending on how strong the dosage is, ten shots of this could cut up to a year off your total lifespan - not that you'll likely live very long; you have the sin, if my sources are correct - that means your body is already so malable it's in excellerated decay. But that's the fun part! Live while you can, and be as invincible as your body will allow."
Back to top Go down
Alexander Rumonov

Alexander Rumonov

PostSubject: Re: Playing the game. (OPEN)   Playing the game. (OPEN) EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 1:38 am

"I like the way you think. But I would like to see the outside at least one more time before I kick the bucket." He pauses and continues, "You have enough CP to get out of here. Why do you stay?"
Back to top Go down
Shinmara Akashiro

Shinmara Akashiro

PostSubject: Re: Playing the game. (OPEN)   Playing the game. (OPEN) EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 8:57 pm

Shin smiled a showman's smile, and answered him with "Why? Well, whyever not? I love a challenge, and this place is as good as any for that!"

Grinning widely, he said "Well, given you want to live as long as your body can hold out, we'll start out with relatively mild doses of adrenaline; they will still make a noticable difference, that I can garentee."

Flicking his eyes around the room, his voice growing more serious and much quieter, he murmurred, "Friend, if you wanted to see the outside world again, you'd likely have to kill your way out, and more than likely get gunned down in the process." - Then, snapping back to the twisted half-smile, his lively theatricicity returned, and he said "But of course, if there's anything I can do to assist that dream, do let me know - I'm sure that we could do business, no?"
Back to top Go down
Alexander Rumonov

Alexander Rumonov

PostSubject: Re: Playing the game. (OPEN)   Playing the game. (OPEN) EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:02 pm

"How much? I get paid to watch over this hole..."
Back to top Go down
Shinmara Akashiro

Shinmara Akashiro

PostSubject: Re: Playing the game. (OPEN)   Playing the game. (OPEN) EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:11 pm

"Hmm." Shin threaded his fingers again, thinking. After a moment, he seemed to write in the air with his finger, muttering wordlessly as he sorted through calculations.

"Well... this is a high risk operation, to be honest with you. Obtaining the things I need is a rather...delicate, task, not to mention blending them together in the right method and mix."

Flicking his eyes around the room again, being rather more cautious than usual, he said "I'll tell you what, because it will take a little while to find a stable mix to suit you as an individual, until we find that balance, the shots I give you are free - again, just good business. You will however, owe me a favor, in order to compensate the risk. From that point on, I'll sell you the goods in packs of ten, with the price negotiable on a case by case basis, depending on how difficult it was to make that particular batch- that way, if the dose needs to change, I'm not left with large amounts of an illigal, unusable substance on my hands; although admittedly, the adicts in C and D blocks would probably go for it, but that's neither here nor there."

Smiling at some unapparent thought, he said, "Does that work for you? Favors are valuable trade for me; you would, of course, have to sign a contract to that effect - but you wouldn't need to worry about it being found. I have a...system, to prevent that."
Back to top Go down
Alexander Rumonov

Alexander Rumonov

PostSubject: Re: Playing the game. (OPEN)   Playing the game. (OPEN) EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:25 pm

Alex smiles and says,

"Sounds like a deal... But maybe we can negotiate details once I see how well it all works out."
Back to top Go down
Shinmara Akashiro

Shinmara Akashiro

PostSubject: Re: Playing the game. (OPEN)   Playing the game. (OPEN) EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:31 pm

"Of course, of course; this is just laying out a gameplan. The favor-contract, though, is not negotiable; if I'm even going to attempt this, I'll need to have that as an assured return; I'm sure you understand."

Smiling disarmingly, he said "Unless you have any more questions, if you'd follow me to the gambling quarter, we can finalize that."
Back to top Go down
Alexander Rumonov

Alexander Rumonov

PostSubject: Re: Playing the game. (OPEN)   Playing the game. (OPEN) EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:46 pm

Alex nods and says,

"Please, lead the way... But if you try and screw me, you will end up six feet under and eight feet apart."
Back to top Go down
Shinmara Akashiro

Shinmara Akashiro

PostSubject: Re: Playing the game. (OPEN)   Playing the game. (OPEN) EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:58 pm

Shin laughed, "Why would I ever try such a thing? Think about it - if I screwed even one guy over, my credibility rating would drop, and I'd lose customers. Doing as advertised, is just good business."

Standing and leading Alex over to the gambling quarter, Akashiro pulled a piece of paper out from under the surface of a table. It was pre-printed; a 'favor form', as it were.

It stated that _______ owed _______ one favor, in return for services or goods, promised or rendered on the _______ of ______, _______. , as well as other clauses, and room for any particulars.

Signing his own name, he passed the page to Alex. "Here you are."
Back to top Go down
Alexander Rumonov

Alexander Rumonov

PostSubject: Re: Playing the game. (OPEN)   Playing the game. (OPEN) EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 10:00 pm

"Any strings? I would like to know what I will need to do before selling my soul for juice."
Back to top Go down
Shinmara Akashiro

Shinmara Akashiro

PostSubject: Re: Playing the game. (OPEN)   Playing the game. (OPEN) EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 10:07 pm

"Well that's the thing; I don't have anything for you to do yet; but I can promise you - in writing - it won't require you to suffer direct damage. You may be hurt indirectly whilst doing a task, but it's not like I'm going to say 'I need an eye, so I want one of yours to pay your favor.'"

Humming off-key, almost in his own little world for a moment, Shin shook his head, coming back to the present, and added, "It'll most likely be 'try and get me this', or 'I need you to use your influence over this prisoner' - of course, if you're totally against what I'm asking you to do, you wouldn't have to do it; that's a debt, not a favor, and I didn't ask you to sign one of those."

Grinning, it became apparent that indeed, he had made some people sign 'debt forms', usually when they couldn't pay him for his services; and that, was never a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Alexander Rumonov

Alexander Rumonov

PostSubject: Re: Playing the game. (OPEN)   Playing the game. (OPEN) EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 10:10 pm

Alex nods and signs his name with a pen,

"A pleasure..."
Back to top Go down
Shinmara Akashiro

Shinmara Akashiro

PostSubject: Re: Playing the game. (OPEN)   Playing the game. (OPEN) EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 9:48 am

"Pleasure's all mine - trust me on that one."

The strange, half-smile. "I should have the first proto-type ready in five days; I'll let you know if there are any delays."

And with that, Shinshiro melded into the prison population, gone from view.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playing the game. (OPEN)   Playing the game. (OPEN) Empty

Back to top Go down

Playing the game. (OPEN)
Page 1 of 1